Old 15-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Weeds this time of year

The message
from Welsh Witch contains these words:

....But how about secateurs
I have about ten pairs of secateurs all of which drive me up the pole one
way or another.

The best are Felco.They're not cheap, but have a lifetime guarantee.
Ideally, find a retailer which has some on display, so that you can try
them for size, and see which model best suits your hand (and usage).
Felco No 2, provided at garden I work in, suits my hand size fine (
medium to large in gloves).

http://www.ukoutdoorstore.co.uk/felco.html

The worst...you clip once then they lock...for every clip
you have to unlock them. If you're cutting down Hymalian Musk roses you
have to wear very thick gloves.

I find long-handled loppers or a pole saw preferable for hand-combat
with the giant roses.

Janet