Old 15-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Sacha

Default Brrrrrrrrr!

On 15/11/05 10:07, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 15/11/05 0:31, in article , "Andy"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Kay contains these words:

In article , Sacha
writes
First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny
day.

Still no frost here.

Nor here. Just galeforce rain. Did some potting up (in drizzle during
a brief lull). Plotted clearing space in J's workshop, as indoor potting
area.

Janet

No frost in Plymouth, at least not if my nasturtiums have suddenly become
hardy - they're still blooming.

You're probably a bit closer to the sea than we are! We're only about 3
miles from Dartmoor. The frost wasn't severe and doesn't seem to have
harmed anything but we did cover that lovely deep red nasturtium which we
had in a big Ali Baba pot and which just flies out of the nursery in spring.
I can't recall the name exactly - something like Red Velvet? I know it
doesn't set seed at all well and we like to try to get it to make nice big
clumps for us.

Hermine Grashoff - a fabulous nasturtium. It was called Red something or
other and heaven only knows what possessed someone to turn its name into
Hermione Grashof. But it's outstandingly good, IMO.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk