Old 15-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Removing Pampas Grass

Sacha wrote:
On 15/11/05 19:37, in article ,

"JennyC"
wrote:

[...]
Not sure whether it will be feasible to dig a pond in the field. I
think it's limestone with a shallow covering of soil......we are
going down in January to check it out and bring back soil samples.

My answer to almost everything is "dig a pond". I'm being

facetious
but not entirely. I have no idea myself but do you know what
wildlife you would attract IF you had a pond in that region?

Actually, the far side of a pond looks great adorned with a sweep of
pampas grass. I think being on its own is what makes it look odd, as
it's so obviously out of keeping with British plants: putting several
together gives it moral support. How about rheum palmatum with pampas
grass behind, but close enough to be reflected, and clumps of nice
conspicuous marginals in front?

--
Mike.