Old 15-11-2005, 10:57 PM
La puce

Default Living willow

Hullo. For a couple of years we wanted to do a living willow dome. I'm
ready for it. My apple tree is going to the lotty and I'll have enough
room for it now in its place. It's my winter project, or at least one
of them... From what I have read and searched all I find are kits,
sculptures and I think they want my money above all else. As anyone
done one and my questions a- is a matting necessary? Do I really
need 10m of free ground around it? Should I be best growing my own from
cuttings (I'll use the lotty to grow the willows) and coppice it? Is
6ft/8ft branches to do my dome enough, what kind of ties should I be
using and finally can I mix two variety for colours the salix alba
britzensis and the vitellina? Thank yous!