Old 16-11-2005, 03:49 AM
kc

Default Frozen frog

I've read information about frogs and other animals that completely "freeze"
in the winter and come back to life in the spring--maybe this was something
similar?
Kirsten
"Richard Holub" wrote in message
I can't belive this but I emptied out my SKIPPY filter some weeks ago and
about 2 in. of water remains at the bottom. The other day we had a frost
and I noticed in the bottom of the filter a "completely" frozen bull frog
approximately 10 in. long. I assumed that I was gona-have-to dispose of it
in the spring when the ice melted. To my suprise he came back to life
today when the temperatures went back up to 50 deg. F and the ice melted.
I picked him up and placed him outside of the filter, hoping he would find
another place to winter over.