Old 16-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Sally Holmes

Default Moss on paths

There's quite a bit of moss growing on the tarmac drive outside my front
door. It's on the north side of the house so well shaded. It's got much
worse this year and I want to get rid of it before it freezes while
saturated with water.

The drive slopes down from the house and has shrubs in beds on each side.
Any liquid that's put on the moss runs into one or both of the beds and
anything residual will get trodden into the house.

Given the standard of the rest of the house I don't expect the tarmac to be
of very high quality so I'm wary of using a high-pressure washer.

Is there anything that will kill the moss but degrade on contact with soil?
I want to be safe but don't want to kill the plants.

TIA

--
Sally Holmes
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England