Old 16-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Tumbleweed

Default Patio Cleaning

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
Tumbleweed wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
.

Does the use of a pressure hose take the surface off the slabs and
eventually damage them beyond use?

No, they are concrete and unless they are already damaged in some
way, water is not going to have any effect on them, well not in your
lifetime anyway, unless you plan on outliving the Galapagos Tortoise
on todays news.

I have eroded concrete from a path ...oopsy :-(, so I dont see why you
couldnt erode concrete slabs either, it just depends what sort they
are, and how powerful the washer is. Some of the cheaper slabs are
pretty soft.

The concrete on your path was probably exposed to frost prior to setting
to it's full strength, does it come up in small thin sheets?

No. If you get the jet of the water nozzle just right and close enough, its
just that its powerful enough to do damage. I dont think mine would be
powerful enough to damage pavement slabs for example, but those slabs for
the garden that are about £3 each, if you break those open they look pretty
fragile to me, I'm sure it would go through those. Dont have one to
experiment with though.

Tw