Old 16-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Living willow

The message .com
from "La puce" contains these words:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
How near the house will this willow dome be? And how near to any drains?

Very near to the house - about 3m from house wall and 2m from a wooden
fence (neighbours). The drains are further - I'd imagine 4m side of the
house wall.

IMO, dangerously close to both.

I've search google Mike, and my questions are precisely what
organisations couldn't give me, like JPR Willow, Slimlet willow - only
do 'workshop for kids' and sell the kits at 220 squids!! The HDRA have
a very useful fact sheets but the questions I need answered are not in
their doc. Simply Willow are also very expensive and point out to the
Gardeners Wold magazine feature and charge unrealistic prices for their
willows. I don't do 'expensive' - I don't buy much really. I recycle
and I love receiving and giving gifts )

I'm sure someone in here *must* have used willows ...

I don't know - willows aren't housetrained, and undermine foundations,
break into drains, and the roots of some of them will extend a quarter
of a mile to get to water.

Personally, I wouldn't let a willow loose anywhere near the house. Do it
with hazel, perhaps, and set some climbers free over it.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/