Old 16-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Sacha

Default The Plantsman Nursery

On 16/11/05 9:42, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

snip
Thanks for the prop tips re Lonicera David (I will do them next year with
the clematis as they do not like mist either)
Sacha I will remind you next year about the Akebia, I know Ray has problems
with the cuttings like me (very frustrating for such an easy to grow plant)
And yes I do have the perennial climbing Dicentra, I call it scandens
although there seems some dispute over the name!
I can recommend the white Cobea still flowering after the frost :-)

I'm really looking forward to planting that and Ray says he's seen the
purple one used as ground cover on a large but otherwise bare and
uninteresting patch. As to the Akebia, I'll let you know how he gets on.
Rhamnus is his real bugbear but then it's everyone's, I think. However, he
did manage to get a few to root this year. I enjoy it when he 'sets fire'
to the Romneya seeds!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk