Old 16-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Sacha

Default wrong seasons

On 16/11/05 12:16, in article ,
"Dave Poole" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

It's certainly a 'funny' year with regard to what is flowering, remaining in
flower, or starting all over again!

Yes, back in September, I got fed up with old growths on Canna
'Wyoming' since most had flowered and were looking very tired. I
chopped the lot right back, leaving just a few basal leaves. Now the
clump is back up to 1.5m high and in full flower. Flaming orange
against the rich purple foliage is very cheering at this time of year
Thankfully it has not yet dropped below 5C so far and with a bit
of luck it will carry on for a few weeks yet.

I'm sure you fertilise half your plants with steroids!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk