Old 16-11-2005, 12:48 PM
La puce

Default Living willow

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

IMO, dangerously close to both.

I don't know - willows aren't housetrained, and undermine foundations,
break into drains, and the roots of some of them will extend a quarter
of a mile to get to water.

Well I thought so to myself - however, the ground is pretty damp there,
sheltered from the fence and a hedge, which is not a really good thing
as willow like sun, but the sun gets there part of the day. You know,
none of the material given on all those willow dome kits on the net
mention this? None.

Personally, I wouldn't let a willow loose anywhere near the house. Do it
with hazel, perhaps, and set some climbers free over it.

Ho. What a brilliant idea! I have a white pompom rose climbing on the
fence. Huge thing it is now and this year the scent made us dizzy.
Perhaps I could train her on the dome from the fence. But it's really
going beside my initial project ... a living dome!!

I should have married a farmer ... with S P A C E
all around (