Old 16-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Joe Canuck

Default Craftsman lawnmower opinions?

Jake H. wrote:

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:53:18 -0500, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Consider your mower a long term investment and purchase the best you can
afford at the moment.
Craftsman also make mowers that are Honda powered. Honda power is
definitely better that B&S.

Joe - I am experiencing extremely high vibration levels... felt back
through the handle and with audible/visual handle chatter... with my
new Sears Craftsman lawn mower with the 5.5 HP Honda engine. Can you
shed any light on this? After two lengthy visits back to their shop,
Sears insists there is nothing currently wrong with it and will not
let me try out a different one or give me a refund. So much for buyer
satisfaction.

Is it normal for Honda engines to cause handle vibrations so sever
that you get blisters pushing it for 30 minutes? I have owned many
lawn mowers in my life, most of them from Sears I am sorry to say, but
nothing that came close to vibrating and causing blisters like this.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jake

Definitely not normal. Was it like this new? Take it back and be firm &
polite while insisting they rectify the issue.

If no satisfaction, return it for your money.