Old 16-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Cindy Huffman

Default Info on chipper-shredder-vacuum machine

Hello,

I had no bites when I asked through my company newsgroup, so I
thought I'd try this one...

We recently moved from a home that had a ton of leaves, pine
needles, small branches, and sweet gums, to a house with MORE
leaves, sweet gums and now, ACORNS. LOTS of acorns. LOTS of
leaves. Lots of branches. Some sweetgums...

So, we are considering purchasing these walk-behind multi-
purpose equipment that chip, shred, and vacuum leaves, etc.
Through my research I have found that people find they work
well, but are hard to push (118 lbs before vacuuming). There
are newer models that are self-propelled.

Consumer Reports suggests not buying one, but instead, recommend
purchasing a quality wood chipper and a quality leaf vacuum.

Anyone have experiences with these things? The types I am aware
of: Yardman, Craftsman, Troy-bilt, and Mackissic. Any others?

Looks like prices range from $499 to $1200.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks,
Cindy

---