Old 16-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Mike

Default Garden Room

"Colin Hammond" wrote in message
I am thinking of building a garden room that I can sit in on cool sunny

days
and also grow some plants. I don't want an all glass conservatory type
building that will be uncomfortable to sit in, and I don't want a summer
house that will be too dark for plants to grow. I suppose what I want is a
partially glassed roof, but what proportion would be best? Any tips or
experience?
Colin

Colin are you in a position to do what we have done?

We have moved our kitchen into the Dining Room, thus making it a huge
Farmhouse type Kitchen/Diner and then cut out the rest of the brickwork from
the kitchen window and door, put in Patio Double Doors and turned the
kitchen as was, into a garden room. This room faces dues South and we are
now drawing up plans to put a verandah along the complete back of the house
to enable us to keep the doors open even if it is raining but warm. The
Patio doors are of a design that even though are separate entities in their
own right, there is no central pillar left in the doorway when they are both
opened.

An advantage of doing what we did was, that the new kitchen/diner was all
new stuff so at one point, we had two kitchens and thus no eating
interuption :-))

Worth looking at?

Mike