Old 16-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Jo

Default Bougainvillea

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Jo" wrote in message

As the temperature has dropped drastically these past couple of nights
have decided to bring my Bougainvillea indoors as I have read that it
can't tolerate temperatures below about 10 degrees C. I was wondering

how
often I should water it indoors, bearing in mind that the heating is
now
on and it may dry out a lot. I hardly watered it at all in the summer

and
it flowered beautifully. Any advice?
Thanks,
Jo
I forgot to add that I'm on the coast, in Essex....but that doesn't

really
matter now since my plant is indoors!!

So long as it is not one of the B. glabra types (often those with orange
flowers)
Keep as cold and dry as possible, give water only to prevent completely
drying out, the colder it is in winter (so long as it stays above 0c ) the
more it will flower next year.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

I'm confused now Charlie. Why do all the books I've read seem to think that
it can't survive below 10 degrees?

Jo