Old 16-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Pam Moore

Default Topsoil and compost in Bristol area?

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:17:27 +0000, penance
wrote:

I need to purchase around 3 tonnes of topsoil and 1.5 tonnes of compost
for some new raised beds.
I have some friends and workmates that have purchased topsoil in the
last couple of years and all ended up with clay stuff. As the raised
beds are to get away from the heavy clay we have i dont want to make
the same mistake.
Does anyone know of a good supplier in the Bristol area?

I've not bought from them but Hinton Organics sell compost made from
the B&NES compost collections. I know they sell it in big loads. Not
Cheap!
http://www.recycledproducts.org.uk/s...ex.asp?id=1307
They might tell you of a supplier of topsoil.
Which part of Bristol are you? I think that Whitegate Nurseries at
Stockwood might deliver topsoil. There's also a place at Farmborough
which has for years offered loads of topsoil, mushroom compost. They
have a place on the road (A39 I think) but I've not been past there
lately.

Pam in Bristol