Old 16-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Chris Potts

Default What to do with lengths of timber

Hello all,

We have quite a big garden and at this time of year we thin our trees
and collect quite a lot of branches. The bits that are under about 2.5
inches diameter go through the muncher and go on the compost heap or
used on paths, but that leaves us with lots of lengths up to say eight
feet long and up to six inches in diameter. Has any one any idea what
we could use these bits of wood for? In the past we have put them round
our boundary to rot down and provide food for invertebrates and the
thicker ones are dotted about in "artistic" heaps, and some are used as
edging for paths, but this year we have a great surplus and we would
like to do something creative.

Thanks you,

All the best,

Chris and Mavis Potts