Old 16-11-2005, 05:00 PM
middleton.walker

Default Topsoil and compost in Bristol area?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message Otherwise i guess its the
rowlawn stuff, but seems expensive.

Buying soil in is pot luck both in quality and soil born diseases.

If you had a very sandy soil then you would have problems.

--
Regards
Bob

Brother do I not know it......any bush I plant has a hole dug for it about
three feet by two feet and the 'contents' discarded....filled with 'home
made' stuff consisting of cow manure, Canadian peat and bags of purchased
top soil plus lime as a pH amendment and fertilizer....the dug out stuff
just gets dumped but would make an excellent component for concrete...all
I would need is some gravel and cement.....H