Old 17-11-2005, 12:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default RU looking for a new tiller ?

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I am a Master Gardener and in a weakened moment I bought a Sears Rear
tine tiller on sale. The tines turned backwards and would wear you out.
I sold it and got a MTD with reversing tines. When cultivating I run
them backwards very shallow but when breaking up the soil I run them
forward. MUCH BETTER
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

I teach Master Gardeners - and can tell you Sears has a model with tines
that go both ways also. I believe it is their 7HP model. Their other models
go either forward or counter-rotating but not both. You are now using them
the way they were intended - the first time you bought the wrong type
machine for the purpose you intended.