Old 17-11-2005, 01:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jake H.

Default Craftsman lawnmower opinions?

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:04:19 -0500, Joe Canuck
wrote:
Definitely not normal. Was it like this new?

It was like this since day one... or, more specifically, on the first
day I started it up and ran it. And no, I never hit any rocks! There
was not a single ding visible on the blade.

I could hardly believe how bad it was. I always thought Honda engines
were supposed to be so smooth!

Take it back and be firm &
polite while insisting they rectify the issue.
If no satisfaction, return it for your money.

I have returned it twice so far. My apparent mistake was not
demanding a refund immediately and allowing them to tinker with it...
twice... for more than 5 weeks (elapsed time) each visit. I honestly
thought they would fix the damn thing. They obviously didn't.

After the second service, they took the position that the mower was
running normally and that there was nothing more they could (or would)
do for me. At that point I demanded a refund, but they said no way
after so many months (5 months to be exact at that point) even though
over two months were spent in their shop and it had been run by me a
grand total of 4 times. Oddly enough, the only scratches on it at
that time were scratches put there by the Sears repair folks. No
joke.

Jake