Old 17-11-2005, 01:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jake H.

Default Craftsman lawnmower opinions?

On 16 Nov 2005 07:24:38 -0800, wrote:
I would look at mowers for long term use in this order:
all honda (fairly expensive, but worth it)
John Deere
Cheaper model with a honda engine.
Going any cheaper might give you grief later, but most people have not
used a good mower to know how much better they are new not to mention 5
years later. You get what you pay for.

I am now looking at a John Deere rider mower, but it is an awful lot
of money for me. I hear what you are saying about Honda engines...
everyone says they are so good... but so far my experience with this
Sears Craftsman mower with a Honda 5.5 has been absolutely horrible.
Say what you will, but I never had a Briggs vibrate or give me
blisters on my hands like this Honda does!

Maybe a Honda mower with a Honda engine would be better, but I'd have
to be convinced by a meaningful "test drive" if you know what I mean.
No more buying without trying... I don't care what the salesman says.

Jake