Old 16-11-2005, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Default What to do with lengths of timber

try creating rustic arches
bird baths, feeders, rustic gates.
the list is almost endless

"Chris Potts" wrote in message
Hello all,

We have quite a big garden and at this time of year we thin our trees and
collect quite a lot of branches. The bits that are under about 2.5 inches
diameter go through the muncher and go on the compost heap or used on
paths, but that leaves us with lots of lengths up to say eight feet long
and up to six inches in diameter. Has any one any idea what we could use
these bits of wood for? In the past we have put them round our boundary
to rot down and provide food for invertebrates and the thicker ones are
dotted about in "artistic" heaps, and some are used as edging for paths,
but this year we have a great surplus and we would like to do something
creative.

Thanks you,

All the best,

Chris and Mavis Potts