Old 16-11-2005, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kay

Default Living willow

In article , Sacha
writes
On 16/11/05 17:59, in article , "Kay"
wrote:

One bigoted individual? Which bigoted individual? Do you mean the farmer?

No, of course not.

Or do you mean one bigoted individual from the Planning Dept. of the South
Hams District Council?

Yes

More than one planning officer was involved in this
little saga.

OK, sorry, I must have misread your account - I thought it was just one
guy letting his prejudices show. You know, I have a really good knack of
rubbing you up the wrong way, and it's not deliberate! :-)

And you should have met the 'only just started shaving' youth
from that dept. who was trying to make his reputation and career on us
erecting two signs at the entrance to the nursery.

Wish we had him round our way. There are currently 3 large advertising
signs set up without permission on the park opposite, advertising
businesses between 1/4 and 1/2 mile away, attracting drivers' attention
on a particularly complex set of traffic lights and crossing point for 3
local primary schools.

--
Kay