Old 18-11-2005, 04:44 AM posted to rec.ponds
zirŠon

Default filtering duck ponds

As the lamer puffed and puffed into , the
polypropylene slipped over the keys to produce:

[...]

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:43:03 -0000, "Sky-Catcher" bobhope@nohope
wrote:

===Does anyone have any advice on putting filtration onto a duck pond? I'm
===thinking of building a pond to have some gold fish and ducks. It would be
===about 20ftx20ft & 3ft deep.
===
===thanks,
===
===sky
===

Ducks are quite messy, but its still doable. Bottom drains are a must.
Unless the majority if not all of the waste from the ducks are
removed, yur water will attain high quanities of nitrate and
phosphates, which lead to bacterial problems with fish, so a settle
ment chamber and dedicated filter cleaning and emptying of sediemnt or
settlement chamber is needed. Checkout koiphen.com, there are a few
there that have built ponds to house koi and ducks together and from
what I recall their systems seem to work just fine...Just register and
log in and ask about the koi ponds with ducks.....or just search for
ducks...Good info is there.

g..interesting move SFB's, however one crucial flaw...*I* never
ever, that's NEVER..Top Post.
Soooo if you want to play that card you *will* have to comply with my
MO and format your post to the conventions.

Either way you lose, again weg
[or]
You could send me some CASH for the use of the nym??
err,, you do have some..cash?

--
zIR

response