Old 17-11-2005, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

Default Curiosity-deer ticks

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "middleton.walker" contains these
words:

Squirrels for some present a problem but does anyone have problems
with deer
ticks and its associated Lyme desease?.....H

Scotland has a huge deer population, and Lyme disease is a risk in
areas and occupations where people pick up ticks frequently. AFAIK,
squirrels here are not a vector in the disease's host cycle (nor are
dogs or cats, even though they get bitten by deer ticks).

Janet.

Thanks Janet.....I do not have deer in my garden area but I do have the
ticks....on 30 days of antibiotics as "one got me"...suspect before 'we
intruders' moved into this area deer roamed ... maybe not the antelope
tho....H