Old 17-11-2005, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default stop Squirrel's eating my spring bulbs

"Ben" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 00:05:20 -0000, "david taylor"
wrote:

A squirrel has attacked two plastic based bird feeders

I made a squirrel feeder which allows the little buggers in but keeps
the birds out. I first of all, for about two weeks, fill it with nuts
to train 'em to feed....then after training is complete I fill it with
rat poison. I end up about 6 months squirrel free....then the squrrels
and I have to start all over again. But in the end its well worth it.

What a good idea, I'll have to try something similar with all the pesky
birds that pull up my seedlings, peck my fruit, nick the berries off my
holly, etc. I've got one of those devices which squirts water at herons and
cats and the like - I'll try filling it with acid. These wild creatures have
no right to come into people's gardens and just help themselves :-(