Old 17-11-2005, 09:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mark Anderson

Default How to Winterize Jasmine and Rosemary Indoor?

In article says...
It is possible. Pineapple sage, I am guessing, is about as hardy as
rosemary (Zone 8 is the limit). Neither will grow in an unheated room,
so once stripped of greenery it should go dormant.
A third option is to plant outside in the ground and give it the fig
treatment ( bury it under a mound of leaves). In this case, too,
stripping the greenery is preferrable.

Unfortunately yesterday we got down to 15F with sub zero wind chills and
the plants were still outside. Stupid weather. Do you think a zone 8
plant can survive this? All the leaves got dark and wilted but I'm
still thinking of chopping them down and bringing a couple inside.
Between the drought this summer and this sudden drop in temps, this year
has really sucked for gardening here.