Old 18-11-2005, 01:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default multiple-spike Phals!!!

Ok, this is a shameless bragging post, but I can't help it! :-)

Shameless bragging posts are good for soon to be born babies. Didn't you
know that??

Yes, humidity matters. Here in SFL, our challenge is low humidity in winter,
but we make up for it with the high moisture in the months previous to that,
and our plants adjust as necessary. The Phals (which we personally grow in
Aliflor) get more water now, as opposed to the Catts, which want less. We
have had the requisite diurnal temp range lately, so our Phals are showing
their spikes. I have some Phals which have not yet recovered from the 2004
storms, so we will see if they choose to spike this year. If they don't, I
will give them dispensation for this season!

Diana