Old 17-11-2005, 11:16 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default General landscape questions

On 15 Nov 2005 15:47:23 -0800, Vincent
wrote:

Should we try to pickup a few how-to landscaping books and make an attempt
ourselves, or would it be wise to consult with a landscaping professional first?

Yes, there are a lot of book out there, but the best ones I find are
streamlined for Central Texas. Landscape Revolution is an excellent
book to start with. It is always best to be an informed consumer and
know what you want before you have someone in. Do not leave it up to
a designer and their contractor to do your yard. Really look in the
landscape section at the library, I believe the 712.0 section is where
you'll find those books as well as many gardening books in 635.0.

Decide if you want to attract birds or wildlife, or have a small pond,
or want a deck or patio or turf, etc. Really take your time with it
because it's a huge job to change it once you install it.