Old 17-11-2005, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Curiosity-deer ticks

The message
from Ian Keeling contains these words:

I just hope we don't have too many at
Norwich!!!

Norwich, UK? As I recall parts of East Anglia are among the UK hotpots
for Lyme Disease, but I imagine you should be safe enough in the city of
Norwich.

I've seen roe deer within a quarter of a mile of the centre of Norwich.
Thetford Forest is well stoked with Lyme disese.

ISTR that the ticks do not survive in dry conditions, so best advice is
to avoid the sort of damp areas where they do survive (typically damp
undergrowth). If you are walking in the country be careful in long
bracken (tuck your trousers into your socks!)

Sounds about right.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/