Old 17-11-2005, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Good and Bad garden software

The message .com
from "greenfingers3" contains these words:

The Bad
The Geoff Hamilton CD was the first piece of software I bought and was
very disappointed. I doubt very much that the much loved Geoff had
anything to do with the content of this CD and I feel fooled by the use
of his portrait on the cover. Many of the plants are not grown and
irrelevant in the UK, many plants do not have images or and some of the
ones that do are trees and shrubs lining American streets and are very
poor quality. Some of the pests are questionable for the UK too.
As I feel that I was fooled by the use Geoff Hamilton on the cover and
now I always read the reviews on Amazon.co.uk. The reviews come from
real people and will help you sort out the good from the bad.
Don't just look at the cover. Unless it's my imagination I think some
manufacturers are just putting new covers on old outdated stock. See
for yourself how many Geoff Hamilton Cd's there are on Amazon with
similar names. This is to avoid bad reviews I think.
I think that using famous TV personalities on the covers is a
misleading con.

Just as well my (CoverCD) one won't run, then...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/