Old 18-11-2005, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tumbleweed

Default Advice on pruning flowering cherry please.

"p.k." wrote in message
McBad wrote:
Any comments or advice would be apreciated. Is this the right time

of year to do it for example?

NO!!!!!!

All prunus are susceptible to a fungal disease that can enter via pruning
cuts.

Prune in the spring when sap is flowing to keep infection out of the cut!!

Do not seal the wound, let it bleed for the same reason

pk

Didnt work for me, unless my memory is bad? Maybe they are just susceptible
to pruning anyway? I definitely didnt seal the wounds (far too many).
Currently I'm trying to grow 2 clematis up the dead remains.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com