Old 18-11-2005, 09:35 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Tiziano

Default Advice: Bonsai Care

Nullcode wrote:

when very young greenish shots otherwise the wood chip

thanks alot.
Also, some of the leaves seem to be going wrinkly, some dirty coloured,
is that a sign of over/under watering?

some leaves are getting yellow actually
but it is normal it is seasonal

my cuttings were green cuttings and keptthe
same leaves on for two years ,they started loosing
some last spring and now that we are entering in
the third year of the experiment
about watering it is hard for me to explain I
am so used to my bonsai that I can judge at first
sight if water is needed or not ( but I check
with my fingers also before giving ..:-)
normally my rule on leaves bonsai is 80 90 %
dry before watering , I always dig 1-2 inch under
the surface to be sure that is really needed(
with pines especially )
over watering normally makes roots rot and twig
buds blacken now is a bad season and it takes
more time to soil to dry so I guess in UK is
like here every week is a safe

It is hard to say without see the soil
consistency