Old 19-11-2005, 12:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Emery Davis

Default 2 yr old A. palmatum graft

Hello,

I've just received a 2 year old A. palmatum 'Aka Shigitatsu Sawa'
from Esveld. I usually try to get older plants but in this case is
was all that was available.

My question is whether it is safe to put it directly into the ground at
this age, where it will receive some north wind and cold, or whether
I should pot it up for a couple of years. Your advice appreciated.

Another couple of exciting (well to me anyway) maples in the box:
A. pictum 'Hoshi Yadori' and A. x conspicuum 'Silver Cardinal.'
Now I've just got to get digging!

Europe zone 8.

-E

--