Old 01-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Cuttings of goat willow

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson" wrote in
message

Thanks Mary and Nick.
Interesting. It's Alan Mitchell for one who says cuttings don't strike
- and he usually knows what he's talking about, so I'm puzzled.

My donor was a botanist so I'm confident that they were true. I suspect that
being stuck in on the side of the stream was a very important factor.

While I am a very amateur botanist, I am certain that I got the right
species! I think that your comment about water may be the point; it
is very likely that they are very sensitive to drying out before they
have established a proper root system.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679