Old 19-11-2005, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

Default Frost warning

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 06:19:06 +0000, Dave Poole wrote:

Weatheronline takes its data for this area from Exeter airport which
is over 20 miles away. Considering the south Devon topography
creates so many different climates, its forecasts need to be taken
with a very large pinch of salt.

Not just weather online, quite a number of "forecasts" are computer
generated and are published without even the most basic sanity
checking, let alone a real human looking at the output. I find that
the best forecast for here is the local written one on the BBC Cumbria
website, but even that needs to be adjusted for our altitude but in
general terms it is correct most of the time. It is of course written
by a real forcaster with good local knowledge.

many thanks

Trevor Appleton

http://www.weatherquest.co.uk/Content/About.asp

http://www.eastriding.gov.uk/az/az_d...z_selected=491