Old 19-11-2005, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Has my camellia snuffed it?

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:59:10 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Camellias tend to take a long time to show abuse, they can be dying and not
show it until it's too late.

I'll second that. I nearly lost several young ones this summer,
despite being planted in the ground and well mulched. They got dry and
I didn't notice until the leaves started doing just what the OP
described. Fortunately I just caught them in time, but I reckon
they'll take a year or two to fully recover. As you say, when they
start showing signs of distress, it's often too late.

--
Chris