Old 19-11-2005, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Problem with humiditiy in the house

Let me start by saying that low humidity is a problem I've never personally
had here in So. Fla. -- in summer, if I could figure out how to export some
of our excess, I wouldn't need to worry about selling orchids G. But
Joanna is correct, you need a good humidifier if what you really want is to
raise your humidity. Misting (when you're around) and evaporation trays
won't do it.

The types of orchids you list as having gotten from Andy's are _supposed_ to
dry out within hours; but then they're also supposed to get wet again within
a day or 2. If you are away a lot, this is going to be a problem. S/H
might or might not be the answer, and it's not something that we do. Talk
to the folks that do, and decide.

If you decide it's not your best option, then depending on the size and
shape of the plants, you may be able to move them to a more standard in-pot
culture. If you decide you're interested in that option, e-mail me.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
yeah, I just got in 5 more orchids from AndysOrchids in CA, 4 are
mounted on a stick, the Neofinetia is in a basket, all dry out in afew
hours. Kinda wondering if I shouldn't change them over to s/h so that
won't dry out, I'm in the military so I'm gone on a regular basis

Jack