Old 20-11-2005, 02:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Cherry Tree Care

I planted a cherry tree this past spring and I'm wondering about proper
care for it. At planting time, I cut it back by a third, forming a
nice vase shape. During the following months, one branch shot straight
up five feet, the rest showed only modest growth. I'm wondering if I
should prune this one branch so some of the tree's energy can go to the
rest of the branches?

Also, does a cherry need a fall application of fertilizer or dormant
spray or anything to ensure a healthy tree?

Thanks in advance.

-Fleemo