Old 20-11-2005, 11:26 AM posted to sci.bio.botany,aus.gardens
loosecanon

Default IDs requested on plants in a Sydney garden

haha I say Diet-ees others say die- etees. Don't start with Kalanchoe no one
I have heard yet has pronounced that the same.

Cheers

Richard

"Richard Wright" wrote in message
Thanks, Richard. I would never have got the Kalanchoe beharensis!

What is the pronunciation of Dietes?

Die-tees? Dee-tees? Di-ee-tes? Dee-ay-tes?

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:15:28 +0800, "loosecanon"
wrote:

Hi

Is Dietes grandiflora also known as Wild Iris.

Someone is selling it on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wild-Iris-Die..._W0QQitemZ4418

7
41801QQcategoryZ3185QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Cheers

Richard

"Richard Wright" wrote in message
.. .
Can somebody help me with specific IDs on a flower and a tree (in a
Sydney garden this week)

(A) The flower looks to me like an iris:

http://box.net/public/richwrig/dfiles/IrisLike.jpg

(B) The tree has sharp-edged scars all up its trunk from where leaves
have fallen off. The leaves are fleshy and velvety:

http://box.net/public/richwrig/dfile...LeavedTree.jpg