Old 20-11-2005, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Wormery: Has anyone got any ideas for making one?

"tina" wrote in message
"tina" wrote in message

Start your compost heap somewhere on the soil and the worms appear :-))

Sorry I should have said that we already have a compost heap (well 3
actually,

"tina" wrote in message
news
Hi,
I'm interested in composting and have been told that wormeries are a
good way to start.

but we wanted to try a wormery as they can eat the kinds of
things that dont go on the heap e.g. meat etc.

And where exactly did you read that?

michael adams

I know that one should avoid lots of grass etc on the wormery as it
raises the temperature which the worms dont like.

Thanks