Old 20-11-2005, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Dwayne

Default Epsom Salt

While living in Arkansas, I watched a local TV show once that showed a man
who used Epsom salts (one or two Tbsp per gallon of water) on his sweet
potatoes. It made them get up to 9 pounds and he was trying for one that
was over 10. He used it once a week and sprayed the leaves and the ground
around the base of the plants.

Then he said it helped his other plants, one of which was roses. I guess
there was no end to what you could use it on. After moving to Kansas I told
my extension agent about it. He replied that Kansas had enough magnesium in
the soil, and I didn't need to use it. I guess it depends on your local
soil conditions.

Dwayne

"Lavinia Zammit" . wrote in message
Thank you for answering my question.
Regards.
"Lavinia Zammit" . wrote in message
On paid TV in Australia I saw a segment of Martha Stewart Garden. She
was
talking about Roses, I only glimpsed the last bit and she was doing an

Epsom
Salt Spray on her roses. Does anyone know why? and is it beneficial for
Australian Climate.

Regards.