Old 20-11-2005, 10:19 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default Air Pump what kind?

Would like to try and turn off my water pump this winter and use a air pump.
Hope to save a few $ on electric bill!
Need any information I can, all will be greatly appreciated.
We have a pond about 1000gal. pond and are in Colorado by Denver. I
have looked at a few on the internet, what is better one that is
submersible or one that you run the tube to the bottom of the pond?
Greg &/or Kellie Meyer

A submersible air pump? Not aware of those, do send the website, I'd like
to see it.

Tube ones I've seen and have had more experience with. For years now I've
run the cheapies (indoor-variety) from Wally World by placing a bucket over
them. www.aquaticeco.com does carry indoor/outdoor types. One caution I've
often heard is don't loop the tubing, if moisture gets in it, it may freeze
shut, stopping the air flow to pond and damaging the air pump. Go for
straight or angled runs from pump to pond. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website