Old 20-11-2005, 10:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gale Pearce

Default Air Pump what kind?

Hi,
Would like to try and turn off my water pump this winter and use a air

pump.
Hope to save a few $ on electric bill!
Need any information I can, all will be greatly appreciated.
We have a pond about 1000gal. pond and are in Colorado by Denver. I
have looked at a few on the internet, what is better one that is
submersible or one that you run the tube to the bottom of the pond?

I also have a ~1000 gal pond and use an Optima pump by RC Hagen - one outlet
and the air flow is adjustable - used the smaller ones in the past, but they
only lasted a year or so and my Optima has been running for 4 yrs, no
problem - don't run the tube to the bottom - just 2 or 3 inches below the
surface to get the "fizzing" effect on the surface
Gale :~)