Old 20-11-2005, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
peterlsutton

Default Liatris Spicata

I have taken the threat of a hard winter seriously and dug up some
borderline hardy perennials. In amongst them were some 15 Liatris Spicata.
I dug these up as well - I know they are hardy, but clearing a whole area
makes it easier to plant in spring.

I bought the Liatris in the spring as bare cormbs - but can I winter them
this way. There seem to be lots of tiny buds forming, which I was not
expecting. I could keep them in a cool part of the house at 50 to 60F as I
will my Dahlias, or in the garage which will be very cold. Or should I
replant them now.

I should be grateful for any advice. Peter