Old 21-11-2005, 11:59 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Kye

Default a very low light house plant?

In the Orchidaceae family, you might consider such plants as Macodes and
Ludisia. They are both genera vernacularly known as "Jewel Orchids" and
typically grow on the floor layer of the Rainforest, hence at best they
recieve dappled low light. Many will grow under poor light conditions
assuming that you have adequate humidity.

Reply off list if you would like further information or suppliers in your
local area.

Kye.

"tor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi ya'll,

I live in dreary Olympia Washington - I love it here truely - but boy
is it dark. Does anyone have any advise on plants that can actually
exists on interior lighting?

For example: I would love a plant near my windowless kitchen sink, it
would receive light from a 40 watt incandecent bulb at 15 inches, as
that is the light. I tried putting in a low powered grow light, but it
was quite unpleasant to work under.

Is there a resource for low light house plants that can handle a dry
apartment? (I water, but it is not humid)

Looking to be schooled....

Tor Clausen