Old 21-11-2005, 02:50 PM
nooty nooty is offline
Registered User

Unhappy My poor orchid! How to revive it?

Hey there,

I got the most beautiful orchid for passing my degree in July. I did everything the little booklet that came with it said - I watered it when it said to, didn't have it in direct sunlight etc... but then all the flowers fell off and they haven't returned.

At first, I thought the flowers had had their day, or maybe they only flower at certain times of the year. But then when I went to my Auntie's, hers are absolutely gorgeous!!

Can anybody help me out?? I've tried looking for information on this site, as well as many others. I haven't had chance to get to a garden centre yet, and I am wary of it, because they sometimes have a habit of selling me things I don't need...

I love gardening, but I don't know a lot about the actual technicalities of gardening, so I just don't know what to do with the orchid, but I wanted to keep it going because I got it for a special occasion.

If you can give me some advice, I'd be hugely grateful.

Thank you.