Old 21-11-2005, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave H

Default Wormery: Has anyone got any ideas for making one?

You should by now have had enough info from others to design your own
wormery.
It's fun but do nor expect to get much out of even a large wormery.
In my case I use the traditional compost heaps for all waste except the
kitchen stuff, which seems to attract vermin. I just use an old bin with a
few drainage holes and chuck in any small red worms I find in the compost
heaps.
The only advantage of a wormery is that you can keep a small neat one in

the
kitchen and alarm any visitors

We use our wormery the same way as you
the compost heaps attract rats when we put kitchen waste in, so we let the
worms
convert our kitchen waste to compost, and we get a good
few gallons of liquid feed out of it too.

Dave H