Old 21-11-2005, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Default Plastic in the garden was growing vegetables is now trendy :)

Andrew Hickley wrote:
Totally agree. And plastic looks nasty. We have banned it from our
garden which needs a bit of planning but it can be done. The only bit we
have left now is fruit cage netting (just a cost thing) and garden hose
- can't find the old black ribbed rubber hose any more. Unless you know
different...

No. Sadly I think when the plastic/pvc hose pipes arrived and were so
light, every gardeners went for it perhaps too tired of lifting the
heavy rubber ones. It's amusing to see everywhere we look into our
lives we're looking at old stuff which was so natural. If I come across
one I'll tell you.