Old 21-11-2005, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

Default Curiosity

"Rod Craddock" wrote in message
"middleton.walker" wrote in message
. ..
On an 'average' year what is the generally accepted time for the earliest
planting of peas....just comparing with mine on Cape Cod which
is.....around mid-March if I pre-germinate or around early to mid April
otherwise.....H

That's probably a couple of weeks later than typical UK gardens but then
you catch up because our springs are much more stop-go affairs than yours.

--
Rod

If only that was true......more often than not not much different than yours
until around the end of May when it starts to warm up....inland it is quite
a bit different....only 60 miles or so inland is all it takes for a warmer
spring.....H